More Information$11/hour; seasonal temporary positions available (up to 40 hours per week).
Parks and Recreation seeks individuals to perform responsible work ensuring the safety of swimmers, enforcing safety rules, promoting water safety, and maintaining pool areas at Chickahominy Riverfront Park and Upper County Park.
• Ensure the safety of pool patrons; enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
• Perform rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
• Measure water chemistry and report results to supervisor.
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to considerable lifeguarding experience.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess the following certifications. American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certificate; American Red Cross First Aid Certificate; and American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer (CPR-PRI).
• Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; and, principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to be courteous, while enforcing pool rules, with patrons.
Accepting applications until positions are filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at http://www.jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov
This Ad has been viewed 13 times.