More Information$11.87 / hour; seasonal temporary positions available (up to 40 hours per week).
James City County Parks and Recreation is seeking individuals to perform responsible work assisting in the daily operation of various County’s parks and outdoor pools. Locations available are Jamestown Beach Event Park, Chickahominy Park Pool Concessions, Upper County Park Pool Concessions, Little Creek Reservoir Park, James City County Marina and Veteran's Park (f.k.a Mid County Park). Selected applicants will be assigned to a designated location, but may be required to work at other locations. Applicants should be willing to work flexible schedules, which may include weekend, early morning, late evening, and holiday hours.
• Assist customers at the counter and over the telephone; collect fees (dependent on park location); and direct patrons to park areas.
• Open and close park; enforce park rules to ensure compliance.
• Maintain the cleanliness of park: empty trash cans; pick up litter, clean rest rooms and shelters; and inspect park to help ensure safe and proper conduct of patrons.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance to equipment, grounds, and any park structures
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma (dependent on assigned location); some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping, and handling money.
• Depending on area assigned, must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner.
Accepting applications until positions are filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at http://www.jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov
This Ad has been viewed 35 times.