More Information$10/hour DOQ; seasonal temporary positions available (up to 40 hours per week)
Parks and Recreation seeks individuals to perform responsible work ensuring the safety of swimmers, enforcing safety rules, promoting water safety, and maintaining pool areas for Upper County Park and Chickahominy Riverfront Park.
• Ensure the safety of pool patrons; enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
• Perform rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
• Measure water chemistry and report results to supervisor.
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
• Some lifeguarding experience preferred.
• Must possess and maintain the following American Red Cross certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in carrying out water rescues; effective oral and written communications.
• Ability to physically perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills; ability to be courteous, while enforcing pool rules, with patrons.
Accepting applications until positions are filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at http://www.jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov
This Ad has been viewed 19 times.