This post and this site runs affiliate links as part of advertising program.
Big news for 2021~ Busch Gardens® Williamsburg announces exciting news today that will give guests more opportunity to safely visit the Williamsburg theme park in 2021.
For the first time ever, Busch Gardens will open in January, February and early March for three ALL-NEW limited capacity outdoor special events:
- Winter Weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 15 – 24)
- Mardi Gras (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28)
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (Select Dates Mar. 5 – 28)
- Food & Wine Festival (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Apr 2 – May 23)
Busch Gardens Winter Weekends and Mardi Gras limited capacity events admission starts at only $34.99. Visitors can bundle Winter Weekends admission and a meal for only $54.99 and bundle Mardi Gras admission with a tasting card starting at only $59.99.
1. Busch Gardens Winter Weekends
(Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 15 – 24)
Winter Weekends will offer guests a brand new, limited capacity special event featuring dazzling lights, thrilling rides, and inspiring wildlife experiences. Park-goers can celebrate the New Year in a winter wonderland of fun by strolling through villages filled with beautiful lights at night, braving the thrills of thirteen rides including three roller coasters and Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™, encountering unique animals not normally featured at the park, participating in special kid activities, and viewing a spectacular fireworks finale on Saturday evenings. Winter Weekends will be offered Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 15 – 24, with day and evening sessions available. Reservations are required and admission is included for Membership, Annual Pass and Fun Card holders. For a complete list of featured animals, rides and activities, consumers can visit www.buschgardens.com/williamsburg/events/winter-weekends/.
Winter Weekends Highlights:
- FAN FAVORITE! Stunning Lights at Night – guests can indulge in all things that sparkle with lights adorning eight charming villages. This is the perfect setting to soak in the crisp winter air and all the amazing attractions and entertainment throughout the park’s spacious grounds.
- NEW! Fireworks at Night – Saturday night skies ignite with a stunning firework display to cap off evening festivities.
- NEW! Animal Experiences – guests will be able to experience up-close encounters with physical distancing measures in place to learn about amazing animals like a capuchin monkey, baby kangaroo, gray fox, lemur, serval, crested porcupine, alligator, and much more. With dozens of different species, guests can connect with their wild side in a whole new way.
- NEW! Musical Entertainment – guests will be serenaded by contemporary and interactive musical performances from an a cappella group and Killarney trio.
- NEW! Culinary and Beverages – guests can embark on a flavor-filled journey to enjoy animal inspired sweet treats like zebra chocolate drizzled kettle corn, fun cocktails like a Moscow Mule and Salty Dog, a wide variety of specialty brews like Snakebite Stout, and delicious entrée favorites from Das Festhaus.
- NEW! For the Kids – a park-wide fur and feathers scavenger hunt will inspire kids to learn about animals and the impact they have on the environment. Kids can also play in Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ and learn how to build a birdhouse. (Nominal fee)
- Get your tickets!
2. Busch Gardens Mardi Gras
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28
Mardi Gras event will have guests indulging in the New Orleans spirit as Busch Gardens lets the good times roll with this ALL-NEW limited capacity special event. Visitors will be transported to where the “Big Easy” meets big thrills as they explore eight decorated villages filled with mouthwatering Cajun food, cocktails, and immersive live entertainment and music. Thirteen roller coasters and attractions, including Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ will also be available for guests to enjoy. Mardi Gras will be offered Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28. Reservations are required and will be available soon, and admission is included for Membership, Annual Pass and Fun Card holders.
Mardi Gras Highlights:
- NEW! Entertainment – Mardi Gras entertainment is always colorful and dazzling, and the park will capture that carnival atmosphere with street entertainment including a New Orleans Jazz Band, interactive drum band, stilt walkers, comedic jugglers and more.
- NEW! Culinary and Beverages – a traditional carnival celebration is not complete without good eats and libations. Guests can start the party with classic NOLA fare, like Cajun sausage and grits and Gumbo, then unwind with a Hurricane cocktail or specialty beer from one of the park’s winter kegs. And no Mardi Gras party would be complete without a taste of popular sweet treats like hot and fresh beignets or the park’s unique take on the traditional king cake.
- NEW! Kid Activities – a park-wide masquerade scavenger hunt, activities where kids can decorate their own mask to take home and more surprises just for the little ones.
- Get Your Tickets!
**More info on Mardi Gras and Food & Wine Festival will be coming soon!!
And the NEW Pantheon®, the world’s fastest multi-launch coaster, is opening and a packed 2021 event line-up, Busch Gardens will be the place for all things fun, new, and safe in 2021.
In compliance with Virginia’s phase 3 safety guidelines for reopening businesses, Busch Gardens operates with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements and temperature screenings. Special event capacity will be extremely limited to create ample space for guests to enjoy their experience, while maintaining physical distancing in a safe environment.
NEW YEARS SALE – now through Jan. 14, guests can save up to 30 percent on all Busch Gardens and Water Country USA 2021 spring and summer tickets including single, two and three-day tickets.
Busch Gardens Winter Weekends and Mardi Gras limited capacity events admission starts at only $34.99.
Consumers can bundle Winter Weekends admission and a meal for only $54.99 and bundle Mardi Gras admission with a tasting card starting at only $59.99.
For the best admission option, guests can lock in an entire year of fun with a new 2021 Membership for as low as $11.25 per month with no down payment. Members receive 12 months of unlimited visitation and amazing park benefits and rewards such as FREE parking, up to 50 percent discount on in-park merchandise, up to 20 percent discount on dining, FREE guest tickets, and so much more. Admission to the new January, February and March special events is included for active Members, Annual Pass and Fun Card holders. Get your tickets, passes and reservations today!
For a complete list of limited capacity event activities, operating schedules and to make reservations, visit www.buschgardens.com