This post and this site runs affiliate links as part of advertising program.
Big news for 2021~ Busch Gardens® Williamsburg announces exciting news today that will give guests more opportunity to safely visit the Williamsburg theme park in 2021.
For the first time ever, Busch Gardens will open in January, February and early March for three ALL-NEW limited capacity outdoor special events:
- Winter Weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 15 – 24)
- Mardi Gras (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28)
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (Select Dates Mar. 5 – 28)
- Food & Wine Festival (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Apr 2 – May 23)
Busch Gardens Mardi Gras is a limited capacity event admission starts at only $34.99. Visitors can bundle Mardi Gras admission with a tasting card starting at only $59.99.
Busch Gardens Mardi Gras
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28
Mardi Gras event will have guests indulging in the New Orleans spirit as Busch Gardens lets the good times roll with this ALL-NEW limited capacity special event. Visitors will be transported to where the “Big Easy” meets big thrills as they explore eight decorated villages filled with mouthwatering Cajun food, cocktails, and immersive live entertainment and music. Thirteen roller coasters and attractions, including Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ will also be available for guests to enjoy. Mardi Gras will be offered Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28. Reservations are required and will be available soon, and admission is included for Membership, Annual Pass and Fun Card holders.
Mardi Gras Highlights:
- NEW! Entertainment – Mardi Gras entertainment is always colorful and dazzling, and the park will capture that carnival atmosphere with street entertainment including a New Orleans Jazz Band, interactive drum band, stilt walkers, comedic jugglers and more.
- NEW! Culinary and Beverages – a traditional carnival celebration is not complete without good eats and libations. Guests can start the party with classic NOLA fare, like Cajun sausage and grits and Gumbo, then unwind with a Hurricane cocktail or specialty beer from one of the park’s winter kegs. And no Mardi Gras party would be complete without a taste of popular sweet treats like hot and fresh beignets or the park’s unique take on the traditional king cake.
- NEW! Kid Activities – a park-wide masquerade scavenger hunt, activities where kids can decorate their own mask to take home and more surprises just for the little ones.
- Get Your Tickets!
In compliance with Virginia’s phase 3 safety guidelines for reopening businesses, Busch Gardens operates with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements and temperature screenings. Special event capacity will be extremely limited to create ample space for guests to enjoy their experience, while maintaining physical distancing in a safe environment.
For the best admission option, guests can lock in an entire year of fun with a new 2021 Membership for as low as $11.25 per month with no down payment. Members receive 12 months of unlimited visitation and amazing park benefits and rewards such as FREE parking, up to 50 percent discount on in-park merchandise, up to 20 percent discount on dining, FREE guest tickets, and so much more. Admission to the new January, February and March special events is included for active Members, Annual Pass and Fun Card holders. Get your tickets, passes and reservations today!
For a complete list of limited capacity event activities, operating schedules and to make reservations, visit www.buschgardens.com