Jefferson Lab’s open house is September 12, 2020
The Department of Energy’s Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility will open its doors to the public for its next biennial open house event on September 12th from 9am to 3pm.
The free event will offer an opportunity for people of all ages to explore this world-class research facility.
- Tours of the lab’s unique research facilities
- Hands-on activities
- Interactive demonstrations and one-on-one interactions with the people behind the technologies
- Learn about research carried out at Jefferson Lab
- See the one-of-a-kind Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility, where more than 1,600 scientists from around the world carry out groundbreaking research to understand the basic building blocks of matter
- Other displays will showcase R&D for advanced particle accelerators, cryogenic engineering, supercomputers in science, and everyday technologies that derive from these fields.
Inclement weather date is Sept. 26.
12000 Jefferson Ave.,
Newport News, Va., 23606