Play Date with Nature
Make a “Play Date” with your little naturalist! There is no better way to connect to your child and to nature than with this new interactive outdoor program for children ages 4-10. Play Date activities will pair students with parent/guardians for activities that will focus on a variety of nature-based themes. Ponder the possibilities of pond life, life on a log, colors, shapes and textures of nature, and more!
Please note: The purpose of the Play Date programs is to help parentsconnect their children to creative play and learning in the out-of doors. Therefore, parents will be active participants – along with their children – in activities that VLM educators will model, then help supervise.
Dates/Times: (NOTE: TOPICS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)Play Dates with Nature at the VLM
- December 5, Tuesday, Colors in Nature (10-11am) or (1-2pm)
- December 8, Friday, Colors in Nature (10-11am)
- January 9, 2018, Tuesday, Day and Night Skies, (10-11am) or (1-2pm)
- January 12, 2018, Friday, Day and Night Skies, (10-11am)
- February 13, 2018, Tuesday, Birding, (10-11am) or (1-2pm)
- February 16, 2018, Friday, Birding, (10-11am)
- March 13, 2018, Tuesday, Plants, (10-11am) or (1-2pm)
- March 16, 2018, Friday, Plants, (10-11am)
Play Date with Nature Field Trips off-site at Newport News Park
- April 17, 2018, Tuesday, 9:30-11:30am, Forest, Meet @ Newport News Park
- April 20, 2018, Friday, 9:30-11:30am, Forest, Meet @ Newport News Park
Advance registration required
This program is supported by a grant from the Disney Conservation Fund and AZA.