President’s Day Weekend Things to Do in Williamsburg
Got kids who are out of school this President’s Day. Here are a bunch of fun things to do including a family roadtrip for those adventurous families! Since this year it is also Valentine’s Day Weekend make sure to check out our post on Valentine’s Weekend events as there are a bunch!
- Tiny Titans Presidents Day at the Virginia Living Museum is a a fun filled Dino-themed event that will include all day challenges for the family, planetarium programs and live animal shows. Your family will view dino eggs and ...read more here
2. President’s Homes Tour for the Family: It is the perfect weekend for a road trip and this one includes spots right here in the Burg as well as ones just a short drive away. Visit President’s Homes in our area (there are quite a few). Check out this great trip guide by local writer Brandy Centolanza: All the President’s Tours
3. Pink Flamingo Hike at York River State Park!
Sat. February 15th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Professionally Ill-Advised, Naturally Highly Unlikely, Completely Fake in Every Way, Phony yet Factual Birding Adventure.
Of course there are no pink flamingoes native to or migratory in Virginia. But, we will see a few fake ones. Discover what birds live in the habitats along our waterways and woods and why they are much better adapted than the plastic imposters. Also at York River State Park this weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count. For all their events visit here
4. Winter Fun Weekend at Yankee Candle – Feb 15 – 17
Escape the Winter blues and join Yankee Candle for a weekend full of fun. Events include Mad Science, Super Hero Meet & Greet with your favorite Bat character, Merman’s Magic Circus – Comedy & magic for all ages! Here are all the details.
5. Kids Run Train at the World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour – Sat 15 & 16
Hampton Roads Convention Center FEb 15 – 16 from 10 am – 6pm
Hampton Roads Convention Center
1610 Coliseum Dr, Hampton, Virginia 23666
Come join Kids Run Trains (KRT) at the World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour show for an exciting and fun weekend of model trains! The KRT layout is designed specifically to allow kids of all ages to interact with the trains in a way unparalleled in Hampton Roads. Try your hand at driving one of the Lion Chief engines, compliments of our sponsor, Lionel Trains or push the buttons to activate many of the scenes around the layout. Fun for all ages!! The show will feature multiple operating layouts as well as model trains of all kinds for sale!! Show admission is required.
6. Presidents Weekend events at Colonial Williamsburg! Need a ticket – grab a Groupon. But if you are a resident of the city of Williamsburg, James City County, or the Bruton District of York County, just use your Colonial Williamsburg Good Neighbor’s Annual pass! It is still free for kids 5 and under. For kids ages 6 – 12 the price is $9.99 and only $20 for adults. It will get you into all the trades houses and the 2 museums at Colonial Williamsburg. Plus it will get you discounts off purchases tickets for friends and family and tour discounts. Learn more