- Thursday, October 15th, 6:30 PM-8:00 PM
- Children’s Museum of Richmond – Central
- 2626 West Broad Street Richmond, VA 23220
- Today, nearly one-in-three children are overweight or obese, facing a future with possible chronic obesity-related health problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, and asthma. Parents and caregivers play a key role in not only making healthy choices for their children but also in teaching them how to make healthy choices for themselves. The increasing presence of high sugar and highly processed foods in today’s world presents numerous challenges in communicating to children the value of healthy eating habits and in cultivating those behaviors.
Join us to hear Dr. Melanie Bean as she presents:
- Normative eating behaviors in preschool and elementary school aged children
- Strategies parents can use to promote healthy eating behaviors
- How strategies successfully reduce the power struggles surrounding food and promote the benefit of healthy choices
Our $30 admission price includes: Our forum; A question & answer session with our specialists; Dinner; and Baby-sitting services (reservations required).
Scholarships and discounts are available. Please contact 804-545-1272 for more information.