The Virginia Living Museum is hosting an early shark week with extra activities and educational experiences on Saturday, July 16 from 9am-5pm.
Learn about these amazing animals and how you can help protect them.
Visitors will be able to:
- Take fun family pictures with inflatable shark jaws or our authentic shark cage
- Learn What kind of Shark are you? with a fun mobile quiz
- Speak with volunteers to learn about shark biofacts, and touch shark collection items like teeth or scales
- Listen to our shark talk at 2pm during the Chesapeake Bay Feeding and discuss shark habitat in the Chesapeake Bay, how we care for our sharks, and shark conservation
- From 11am-3pm, head to the garden area outside and dig for shark fossils
There is also an option for a Behind the Scenes Aquarium Tour. You can go with an aquarist behind the scenes to see how we take care of our aquatic animals! Tickets are $20/non-member, $15/member. Purchase tickets here
You can also check out the new temporary exhibit ‘Amazing Pollinators’. Learn more here: