So you have probably heard the big news! After much anticipation and waiting, and wondering…Publix is taking over the Martin’s space in the Monticello Marketplace Shopping Center. Not only are we happy to have a grocery store back in this shopping center, but we are happy it is a Publix. Here are our top 5 reasons for why we can’t wait for Publix to open:
1. Cake glorious cake! Martin had Ukrop’s bakery, which we all know made great bakery items including birthday cake! Well, cake is a thing at Publix. They even have a Publix birthday cake water tower in Lakeland FL standing 155 feet and holding 250,000 gallons of water with 8-foot candles weighing 250 lbs. each. They take their cake seriously and yes, they are delicious…can’t wait!
2. Aprons Cooking School…just watch this video and then you will want to sign up….
Apron Cooking School is a great place to learn a new technique, or meal while having a great experience. You can visit Publix website to see our location (not yet listed) or other locations for class schedule. It is a great evening out with friends too.
3. Deals, deals, deals – go to their website and you can sign up for digital coupons, get their mobile app, check out their BOGO offers, compare their prices to other local stores, check out their weekly flyer and see their Publix brand offerings.
4. Fried Chicken, Bakery AND Subs. Really, you can buy food to cook at home or pick up something ready made. It’s a Southern chain and they know their fried chicken. Their subs are delicious and if you don’t believe us, you can just Google it…people rave about them. The bakery…well they have a water tower in the shape of a cake; they put it on a pretty high pedestal.
5. FREE Publix Clubs and Programs. Currently they have three clubs/programs running. Publix Baby Club® is for parents of children up to age 3 – offers info and coupons. Another great program is the Publix Wine Program…
which emails the wine lover information on special sales, new wines, pairing ideas and more. Got pets? Join the Publix Paws® ….
The Publix Paws® club will send you tips from pet experts and savings for your pet supplies monthly. All three are digital programs.
So now that you are excited too.. when is it coming to Williamsburg? No set date yet. It will all depend on how long it takes them to turn it into a Publix. We will keep you posted! Till then sign up for our weekly email of Things to Do in Williamsburg – never miss an event again with “The Burg Weekender” from WilliamsburgFamilies.com – events for everyone, kids, teens, college students, adults and seniors! Sign up!