Victory at Yorktown Race 5K and 10K In-Person or Virtual
Saturday, April 3, 2021
8:30am – 10K race
8:35am – 5K race
331 Water St, Yorktown
Anytime by Saturday, April 3
A historical and scenic race that begins on the Waterfront of historic Yorktown. The Victory YMCA presents the sixth annual Victory at Yorktown races, 10K and 5K Run. Races begin at Riverwalk Landing on the waterfront. Run past landmarks such as the Yorktown Victory Monument, Cornwallis’ Cave, and Surrender Field.
Post-race activities will include refreshments and music at the beautiful Yorktown waterfront. In-person option only. Masks are required.
The Victory Family YMCA presents its sixth annual Victory at Yorktown races, with the 5K and 10K races. These races begin at the Yorktown Waterfront and proceed past historical and scenic landmarks such as the Yorktown Victory Monument, Cornwallis’ Cave, and Surrender Field. All proceeds go toward helping to strengthen the community and keep families healthy. The following will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Water Street, between Buckner and Ballard Streets
Closed to vehicular traffic from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. for 5K race participants are:
- Read Street, from Water to Main Street
- Main Street, from Comte De Grasse to Ballard Street
- Church Street, from the Church and Read Street parking lot to Main Street
These streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for race participants:
- Water Street between Buckner Street and Comte De Grasse Street
- Comte De Grasse Street, from Main Street to Water Street
- Zweybrucken Road, from Ballard to Comte De Grasse Street
- NPS Tour Road, from Ballard Street to Surrender Road
- Surrender Road to Cook Road
Expect traffic delays on the following streets from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. due to the race route:
- Ballard Street from Cook Road
- Ballard Street to the NPS Tour Road
- Cook Road from Surrender Road to Ballard Street
All public parking areas in Historic Yorktown will remain open to vehicles with the exception of the Beach Picnic Area which will be closed until 10:30 a.m. That area will still be accessible to pedestrians.
For more information, call York County Tourism Development at (757) 890-5900 or the Victory Family YMCA at (757) 342-5338.