Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra presents Beethoven’s Ninth
April 12, 2018 at 8pm at Williamsburg Community Chapel
The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra (WSO) will present its fourth Master Works concert of the season to include Shostakovich’s Festive Overture and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Opus 25.
This concert will feature a number of special musical guests including:
- Colleen Daly (soprano)
- Ann McMahon Quintero (mezzo-soprano)
- Joseph Dennis (tenor) He is appearing courtesy of Virginia Opera. Mr. Dennis will be performing April 13 and 15th in VA Opera’s production of Lucia di Lammermoor in Richmond.
- Branch Fields (bass)
- Christopher Newport University Chamber Choir, Men’s Chorus, and Women’s Chorus (Dr. John Irving, Director of Choral Studies)
- Virginia Choral Society (Sarah Frook Gallo, Artistic Director)
- Virginia Wesleyan Singers (Dr. Bryson Mortensen, Director of Choirs)
- Williamsburg Choral Guild (Jay BeVille, Artistic Director)
Tickets and More Information
Tickets are $50-60 each. To purchase, visit williamsburgsymphony.tix.com or call the office at (757)229-9857 for more information.
Additional schedule and ticket information is available at www.williamsburgsymphony.org.
About The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra
The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra (WSO) is a world-class orchestra performing in Williamsburg, Va. Its vision is to entertain, inspire and educate diverse audiences of all ages through musical excellence. The WSO is conducted by American conductor Janna Hymes, who is renowned for her inspiring performances, musical depth and energetic presence both on and off the podium. For more information about The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra, visit www.williamsburgsymphony.org. Follow on Facebook and Instagram (The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra) and Twitter (@WMBGSymphony).