Yorktown Wellness Market is May 8th from 8 am – 12 pm on the Waterfront!
Yorktown Market Days!
Saturday, May 8, 2021
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Yorktown Market Days’ annual Wellness Market on Saturday, May 8 will have you jumping for joy! Not only can you shop your favorite market vendors and artists for all your healthy farm-to-table and dock-to-dish favorites, you can also learn how to improve your overall health.
In addition to the regular weekly market, guests will find a wellness section to gather information about community programs and resources from local wellness vendors. You’ll find information on customized instructor-led fitness programs and personal training; nutrition and consultation; private group yoga instruction; prevention and screening opportunities; and more. Free health screenings including body composition analysis is also available. The Wellness Market is presented by York County Tourism Development and York County Parks & Recreation.
|Participating Wellness Exhibitors|
|Bacon Street Youth and Family Services||Victory YMCA|
|In Balance Mobile Yoga Studio, LLC||Virginia Health Services|
|Lackey Clinic||York County Mosquito Control|
|Pivot Physical Therapy||York County Parks & Recreation|
|Riverside Health System – Cancer Services||York-Poquoson Department of Social Services|
|Riverside Wellness & Fitness Center|
The Market offers the perfect opportunity for parents to register for York County Parks & Recreation’s summer programs, including summer youth sports, Summer Fun Camps, Special Recreation Camp for children with special needs, and the Safety Town program for rising kindergarten students. Citizens also can learn more about youth and adult instructional and fitness classes, as well as summer activities at the Senior Center of York.
May 2 – 8 is Resilience Week Virginia. Join the Greater Williamsburg Trauma-Informed Community Network (GW-TICN) as we focus on the Mind, Body and Spirit! Bacon Street Youth and Family Services is sharing tips on incorporating mindfulness into your day and handing out free coloring pages. They will also have information on programs and resources they offer to help families impacted by substance use and/or mental health concerns. To celebrate Bacon Street’s 50th birthday, staff will be playing “pin the tail on the piggy” – everyone who plays wins a pig-shaped stress ball or drawstring bag. York-Poquoson Department of Social Services joins Bacon Street in this effort. You can also find information on their service programs, foster parent recruitment, and benefits information.
Other Wellness Vendor Participants include:
· In Balance Mobile Yoga Studio, LLC: A mobile yoga studio providing private group instruction to businesses, schools, bridal/groom parties and children’s yoga.
· Lackey Clinic: Providing medical, dental, behavioral health, medication, telemedicine, and spiritual care to the community for over 25 years. Flyers, cards and nail/file emery boards will be provided.
· York County Mosquito Control: Provides mosquito control for the County and maintains County easements to prevent flooding and control mosquito larvae. Pick up flyers, tote bags and tick removal spoons.
· Pivot Physical Therapy Performance Services: Providing personal training, small group training, sports team training, customized instructor-led programs for individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. They offer individualized training programs to meet your needs and will be raffling off a free session.
· Riverside Health System – Cancer Services: A community leader in providing the latest information about cancer prevention, early detection, diagnostic services, cancer screening opportunities and cancer treatments.
· Riverside Wellness & Fitness Center: This full facility wellness & fitness center provides fitness, nutrition, and clinical wellness classes. Members enjoy access to weight machines, free weights, pool and more. Additional offerings include personal training, nutrition counseling and massage therapy services. Free giveaways and body composition analysis offered.
· Virginia Health Services: Providing information on senior solutions and a full continuum of care including assisted living communities and convalescent & rehabilitation communities. Giveaway items will be available.
· Victory Family YMCA: Providing information on membership, child care/summer camps, before and after school child care, preschool, day camps, swim lessons, health and exercise programs. Additional services include personal training and wellness orientations.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker, kayaker, power boater or beach lover – Yorktown is your outdoor recreation destination. Yorktown’s mile-long pedestrian Riverwalk is the perfect place for power walking, running or a casual stroll. Rent a bicycle from Patriot Tours & Provisions and enjoy a leisurely ride around the Yorktown Battlefield and Historic Main Street. Kayaks and paddleboards are also available for rent.
The Market is one of the most unique in the Tidewater Area, offering spectacular views of the York River, a variety of vendors and artists, food trucks, chef cooking demonstrations and entertainment on select weeks. Markets are held on Saturdays through the end of October, rain or shine, with the exceptions of July 3 and October 2.
This year’s Market season brings several special extended markets including everything from a Paws at the River Pet Day, to a Maritime Market, and also a Fall Festival—all geared toward families and kids. Visit www.yorktownmarketdays.com for the complete schedule.