Ripley’s Loves Art!
May 5th is National Cartoonist Day, so to honor American Cartoonist Robert Ripley, we are bringing the community together through the Arts!
10 Reasons Why You Should Attend May 5th:
1. To support the Youth & Local Arts Culture
2. It’s National Cartoonist Day!
3. Juried (K-12) Arts Exhibition Awards Ceremony! (Submission information is below!)
4. FOOD VENDORS & FREE COTTON CANDY!!!!
5. FITNESS TIPS TO BURN OFF THE FOOD.
6. Up close & personal w/ a real fire truck, thanks to Williamsburg City Fire Department
7. Super Cute Selfie Station!
8. Fun Activities & A Caricature Artist!!!
9. Free Notarizations, up to 2! (HANDLE BIZ FUN!) ?
10. The entire event is FREE!!
PUTT PUTT IS IN THE BACK (But.. it’s not free!)
It’s no secret that American Cartoonist Robert Ripley was a fan of art. In 1909, he began his art journey as an illustrator, and in 1919 he created a syndicated column at the old New York Globe. His cartoons “appeared in more than 300 newspapers around the world, in dozens of languages, and were read by millions,” according to publication Vanity Fair.
Currently, there are 29 Ripley’s Believe It or Not! museums worldwide featuring one-of-a-kind works of art made from unconventional materials, to unique pieces collected by Robert Ripley from his travels abroad!
May 5th is National Cartoonist Day, so to honor Robert Ripley, we are keeping the love of art alive in the community with our first Juried Student Art Exhibition for Hampton Roads students wanting to display their creative talents, along with local vendors, a Williamsburg City Fire Department demonstrations, free cotton candy and fun activities!
This is a Free, Outdoor Event!
Rain or Shine!
There is no submission fee for the Juried Student Art Exhibition.
Submission Deadline: Friday April 22, 2022
Submission Inquiries, Email: RipleysLovesArt@gmail.com
Special Thanks: Black Rose Relics & Rentals, Elite Signature Mobile Notary, J Hoods’ Smokin Soul Food, Chreotechnics, JC Design and Co., Send Me A Trainer, Great Creations, Williamsburg City Fire Department, Asa Jackson, Contemporary Arts Network, Jay Pee aka Paint Pimp, and the community of Williamsburg.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
1735 Richmond Road