Toyland Parade & Mistletoe Market in Yorktown Saturday December 9, 2023 from 9 am to 3 pm
The Historic Yorktown waterfront transforms into a Christmas wonderland for the final Yorktown Market Days event of the year. During the extended hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 9, you can come and shop, see the model train exhibit, hop on the trackless train, see Santa, and children of all ages are invited to participate in this FREE fun parade! March in the annual Toyland Parade, and don’t forget to hop aboard the Riverwalk Landing Polar Express for a loop around the festivities and stop by and see SANTA!! Here are the list of events going on…
· Shop the market for wreaths and seasonal decorations; peanuts, potato chips, and popcorn; holiday gift baskets; chowder and soups; baked goods; jams, jellies, and syrups; homemade soaps and candles; gourmet dog treats and other Virginia made products. More than a dozen local artists will also be set up selling paintings, jewelry, stained glass, photography, and more.
· The York County Historical Museum presents a model train exhibit inside the Freight Shed. The details of this extraordinary display are simply incredible to see in person. It is free and open to the public.
· All Aboard the Polar Express! Our trackless train begins rides at the start of the market and runs until close.
Schedule of Events of Mistletoe Market
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cards for heroes with York County Parks & Recreation in the Freight Shed
- Colonial ornament craft behind the Freight Shed (while supplies last)
- DJ Ben Herrick will be playing holiday hits.
- Kids crafts underneath the Freight Shed tent
- Market vendors and food trucks
- Model train demo in the Freight Shed
- Holiday-themed photo cutout by the Freight Shed
- Polar Express trackless train ride (pick up behind the Freight Shed)
Ice carving demonstration in front of the LOVE letters
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Balloon artist behind the Freight Shed.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Santa in the Freight Shed
· Center Stage Academy will perform on the grassy area in front of the fountain
· Everyone is invited to dress in their holiday best and gather in front of Water Street Grille to march in the Toyland Parade as it makes its way through Riverwalk Landing led by the Fifes and Drums of York Town. Line up is at 1 pm. The parade begins at 1:30. This is the fourteenth year of this community tradition.
Free parking is available in several lots throughout Historic Yorktown, including on Ballard Street at York Hall, the County Administration Building, and the York-Poquoson Courthouse. Spots fill up quickly in the two-level parking terrace on Water Street., but the walk from these other lots is just a short distance. Also, the free Yorktown Trolley runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. that day.
Yorktown Market Days is always rain or shine. If it rains, the vendors and artists will move into the lower level of the parking terrace. The extra activities, however, may be canceled due to inclement weather, and will not be rescheduled. Visitors are encouraged to follow Visit Yorktown’s social media accounts for all event-related changes and announcements.
Santa will also be there for your last minute Christmas wishes! This is their final market of the season and a fantastic opportunity to support these small businesses. Location: Riverwalk Landing 331 Water Street Yorktown
For more Christmas events in December in Yorktown visit our Yorktown Celebrates Christmas post!