Toyland Parade & Mistletoe Market in Yorktown Saturday December 10, 2022 from 9 am to 3 pm
The holiday shopping season has officially kicked off in Yorktown! Browse the market for chowders and soups; baked goods including an assortment of cakes, breads, brownies, fudge, cookies; jams, jellies, and honey; holiday wreaths; candles and soaps; and local seasonal art! March in the annual Toyland Parade, and don’t forget to hop aboard the Riverwalk Landing Polar Express for a loop around the festivities and stop by and see SANTA!!
On the Docket:
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Market vendors and food trucks – Shop the market for wreaths and seasonal decorations; peanuts, potato chips, and popcorn; holiday gift baskets; chowder and soups; baked goods; jams, jellies, and syrups; homemade soaps and candles; gourmet dog treats and other Virginia produced and made products. More than a dozen local artists will also be set up selling paintings, jewelry, stained glass, photography, painted gourds, and apparel made from alpaca fleece.
- Model train demo (Freight Shed) – The York County Historical Museum presents a model train exhibit inside the Freight Shed. The details of this extraordinary display are simply incredible to see in person. It is free and open to the public.
- Trackless train ride (pick up beside the Freight Shed) All Aboard the Polar Express! Enjoy the trackless train – it begins rides at the start of the market and runs until the market closes.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Santa (Freight Shed) – Santa will be here throughout the day adding to the festive atmosphere and is ready to hear your wish list.
- Ice carving demo (in front of the LOVE letters)
- Guests can enjoy a special outdoor holiday performance by Centerstage Academy on the fountain green.
- Toyland Parade (Line up begins at 1 p.m. in front of the Water Street Grille)
Parade! 1:15 p.m. Everyone is invited to dress in their holiday best and gather in front of the Freight Shed to march in the Toyland Parade as it makes its way through Riverwalk Landing led by the Fifes and Drums of York Town. The parade begins at 1:30. This is the thirteenth year of this community tradition.
Free parking is available in several lots throughout Historic Yorktown, including on Ballard Street at York Hall, the County Administration Building, and the York-Poquoson Courthouse. Spots fill up quickly in the two-level garage on Water Street., but the walk from these other lots is a short distance. The free Yorktown Trolley also runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. that day.
Yorktown Market Days is always rain or shine. When it rains, the vendors and artists move into the lower level of the parking terrace. The extra activities, however, may be canceled due to inclement weather, and will not be rescheduled. Visitors are encouraged to follow Visit Yorktown’s social media accounts for all event-related changes and announcements.
Santa will also be there for your last minute Christmas wishes! This is their final market of the season and a fantastic opportunity to support these small businesses.
For more Christmas events in December in Yorktown visit our Yorktown Celebrates Christmas post!