Toyland Parade & Mistletoe Market in Yorktown Saturday December 10, 2022 from 9 am to 3 pm
The Historic Yorktown waterfront transforms into a Christmas wonderland for the final Yorktown Market Days event of the year. During the extended hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 10, you can come and shop, see the model train exhibit, hop on the trackless train, see Santa, and children of all ages are invited to participate in this FREE fun parade! March in the annual Toyland Parade, and don’t forget to hop aboard the Riverwalk Landing Polar Express for a loop around the festivities and stop by and see SANTA!! Here are the list of events going on…
Schedule of Events of Mistletoe Market
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Shop the market for wreaths and seasonal decorations;peanuts, potato chips, and popcorn; holiday gift baskets; chowder and soups; baked goods; jams, jellies, and syrups; homemade soaps and candles; gourmet dog treats and other Virginia made products. More than a dozen local artists will also be set up selling paintings, jewelry, stained glass, photography, painted gourds, and apparel made from alpaca fleece.
· If you get hungry, grab some delicious items from a food truck. Vendors will be selling soups and chowder; BBQ; kettle corn; tacos and burritos; and kid-friendly options like hot dogs.
· The York County Historical Museum presents a model train exhibit inside the Freight Shed. The details of this extraordinary display are simply incredible to see in person. It is free and open to the public.
· All Aboard the Polar Express! Our trackless train begins rides at the start of the market and runs until close.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Santa Claus will be ready to talk to good little girls and boys in the Freight Shed. Bring your wish lists and cameras!
10 to 11 a.m.
· Watch an ice carving demonstration in front of the LOVE letters, next to the Freight Shed.
12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
· Guests can enjoy a special outdoor holiday performance by Centerstage Academy on the fountain green.
· Everyone is invited to dress in their holiday best and gather in front of Water Street Grille to march in the Toyland Parade as it makes its way through Riverwalk Landing led by the Fifes and Drums of York Town. The parade begins at 1:30. This is the fourteenth year of this community tradition.
Parade! 1:15 p.m. Everyone is invited to dress in their holiday best and gather in front of the Freight Shed to march in the Toyland Parade as it makes its way through Riverwalk Landing led by the Fifes and Drums of York Town. The parade begins at 1:30. This is the thirteenth year of this community tradition.
Free parking is available in several lots throughout Historic Yorktown, including on Ballard Street at York Hall, the County Administration Building, and the York-Poquoson Courthouse. Spots fill up quickly in the two-level parking terrace on Water Street., but the walk from these other lots is just a short distance. Also, the free Yorktown Trolley runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. that day.
Yorktown Market Days is always rain or shine. If it rains, the vendors and artists will move into the lower level of the parking terrace. The extra activities, however, may be canceled due to inclement weather, and will not be rescheduled. Visitors are encouraged to follow Visit Yorktown’s social media accounts for all event-related changes and announcements.
Santa will also be there for your last minute Christmas wishes! This is their final market of the season and a fantastic opportunity to support these small businesses.
For more Christmas events in December in Yorktown visit our Yorktown Celebrates Christmas post!