10 Tips for Welcoming Summer & Guests to Your Front Door
by Sibilla Dengs
Summer is here! This season brings everyone outside and is a perfect time to get the entryway to the front of your home freshened up. You can create curb-appeal, welcome guests, provide a comfortable setting and entertain. This is your personality shining on the outside of your home and there are so many fun possibilities. Here are a few tips that may help you with this project.
- Make your entryway shine. Is it clean? Is the floor swept? Windows sparkling? Door handles polished? The more brilliant it looks, the more welcoming it is.
- Does your front door, entrance or porch need repainting? Fresh paint improves every look and painting the front door an eye-catching color makes your home stand out. You can get really and add a Victorian touch of a thin accent paint colors to trim, railings and balusters.
- What about changing your ceiling light fixture, to something more elegant? Or choosing a lower hanging one or even a ceiling fan?
- Does your entryway have furniture? You can choose from rockers, swings, chairs, sectional components, sofas, benches, café tables and chairs. The options go on and on. The material options for your furniture are as endless as the styles… There’s wood, cushions, PVC, wrought iron, rattan, wicker and aluminum, to name a few.
- Adding colorful pillows to your furniture is very inviting. You can also add candles and other decorative pieces to tables.
- Enhance your entryway with flowers and more flowers! There are gorgeous pots and containers to choose from, including colorful hanging baskets, plants and window boxes. You can also use repurposed items to pot flowers and plants.
- Pinterest offers limitless ideas of creative and unusual items to display or arrange at your entryway. There are such items as; Welcome signs, chalkboards, baskets, wagons, wheelbarrows, tricycles and checkerboards.
- A seasonal wreath on the front door catches the attention of not only your guests, but also those that are just passing through the neighborhood.
- A wind chime offers a beautiful array of sounds to accent all of your visual touches.
- Lastly, a favorite for many is displaying a flag. It can be a decorative choice or our beloved American flag. Remember if you choose the American flag, check the U.S. Flag Code to display it properly and at the right times.
Now it’s time to spruce up your front door… Happy decorating!