EduHam at Home – students producing original productions at home!
EduHam Home is an extension of the Hamilton Education Program (EduHam) created March 2020 due to COVID-19. Since schools are closed EduHam home comes to students at home.
Students access primary source documents from the Founding Era, and learn how Lin-Manuel Miranda created his musical Hamilton by using primary source documents. But the best part is that students will get to create their own original performances based on these materials.
EduHam at Home is family friendly and kids can do it at home, outside of a school environment. The plan is that this program will be available until Aug 2020.
Here is the rundown on this FREE program:
- Make sure to watch the video from Lin-Manuel and the teachers at Gilder Lehrman
- You can watch video highlights from student performances to inspire you to create your own productions
- Lots of free material including
- “Videos clips from Hamilton and interviews with Lin-Manuel Miranda, selected cast members, and Ron Chernow, whose biography of Alexander Hamilton inspired the musical
- A wide selection of primary sources centered on a diverse group of 45 People, 14 Events, and 24 Key Documents”
Ok here is the really cool part, each week the folks at EduHam at Home will select 10 submitted Hamilton-inspired pieces (songs, raps, spoken-word poems, or scenes), to be featured on their website and one that goes out on twitter!
Learn more about this program and watch the video at EduHam Home