affiliate links in this post and on this site
UPDATED HOWL-O-SCREAM BAG POLICY To help ensure all guests and Ambassadors have a safe and enjoyable Howl-O-Scream experience, bags will not be permitted with entry after 4 p.m. effective this Friday, Sept. 24 through Oct. 31. Wristlets and small packs measuring less than 8”x 5” are permitted and subject to security inspection. For more information on these policy changes, including additional details regarding medical needs and personal care items, please see here:
More info on BAGS
Howl-O-Scream® is back for 2021 starting select nights September 10 to October 31, 2021
Three NEW haunted houses, two NEW terror-tories and two NEW shows make for a night of screams never to be forgotten, while returning Howl-O-Scream icons welcome back the bravest of Howl-O-Scream fans.
Now for what is going on this year at Howl-O-Scream! If you have not yet been to Busch Garden’s Howl-O-Scream here is a breakdown of the event. The park turns into Terror-tories™ and Haunted Houses to scare you as you walk through the park and through a venue. It really is fantastic.
First let’s start with the 5 Haunted Houses for 2021
- Killarney Diner: What say, Daddy-O? Word around town is that something landed in the forest right behind our favorite sock hop. Will you make it through your meal before becoming the flavor of tomorrow’s blue plate special?
- Nevermore: An unearthly plague ravages the land. You cry out for help, and the nobility turns a deaf ear. You perish in the streets, and the nobility turns a blind eye. You are reborn, and the nobility is silent forevermore. Welcome to the gothic nightmare of Prospero, last heir to the House of Usher – inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe.
- Dystopia: In a futuristic post-apocalyptic world, a new world order has risen. In this new system, you have a choice – join or be forgotten. Surrender to the utopia. Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing – ever again.
- Circo Sinistro: No one knows when or where the tents will rise, but all who see them are drawn to find out what lies inside Circo Sinistro at Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Howl-O-Scream. The park’s haunted house is not of this world and not of this time – but beware, what you see, you soon will be.
- Witch of the Woods: Legend tells of the old Witch of the Woods, who descended upon the ancient village and wreaked havoc. Nobody alive has seen her, but if you’re brave enough to travel the woods at night, it’s said that you can hear her chanting and crying out to the skies. Those who give in to her control become her disciples, and those who don’t…inevitably meet the same fate. But this is only a story, right?
Howl-O-Scream has four Terror-tories this year. These are sections of the park that you walk though…but beware…there are scary characters all about waiting to terrorize you!
- HEXED HOLLOW (Terror-tory) – This village, and all who travel through it, are cursed by an ancient magic. Dark magics flow freely in the Hollow, and nothing is ever going to be the same. Hexed Hollow is located in Rhinefeld Village.
- MEAT MARKET (Terror-tory) – Fresh meat! The denizens of this devious dwelling are serving up delectable delicatessen and gorging on human hors d’oeuvres. Meat Market is located in New France Village.
- GARDEN OF THE SOULS (Terror-tory)– A ghastly transformation has taken place in the Gardens, where the graves of the deceased carry a dark secret, and grieving spirits wander freely. The Garden of the Souls is located in Italy.
- RIPPER ROW (Terror-tory): Don’t wander the streets of Whitechapel after dark – you never know who you might run in to. Murder, mayhem and mistaken identities abound in the back alleys of this English town. Ripper Row® is located in England.
- Monster Stomp – This modern rock and rhythm spectacular features Jack the Ripper like you’ve never seen him before. Electrifying percussion, dynamic dance and sensational singing return to Globe Theatre stage in a pulse-pounding revue. Monster Stomp on Ripper Row opens Oct 1. (Mature Content)
- Jack is Back – The popular disco dance celebration returns to Ireland village with pumpkins, scarecrows & Howl-O-Scream’s leading character, Jack
- Phantoms of the Festhaus – This isn’t your typical singing contest. Join the living audience as your favorite ghouls take on spooky hits, and the winner is put to vote. The more spirited the audience is, the more exciting the competition is.
- Skeletones – These lively musicians and singers leaves nothing but bones on Il Teatro di San Marco located in San Marco Italy. Take a break from the scares with this spooky ensemble.
BOOZE BARS – Stop by one of the four themed BOOze bars located throughout the park for liquid courage to tackle your greatest fears. Become the mastermind behind the scares at the interactive Control Bar, where guests can initiate scares in different villages and houses with the push of a button.
New! Back Alley Bar – Located in England
Returning Favorite! Control Bar – Located in Ireland
Returning Favorite! Restless Spirits – Located in Italy Gardens
Returning Favorite! Last Call – Located in Oktoberfest
Control Lab at Inoculation is your chance to take part in the scares. By the push of a button you can activate a scare and watch as your victim jumps out of their skin. 5 scares is $3 or 10 scares for $5.
Don’t forget to stop by some of the shops for Halloween swag including shirts, decorations, jewelry, and much more. We are loving this fun bag.
There are absolutely no costumes allowed in the park for the general public. But if you want to join in the Halloween fun, we would recommend getting your face airbrushed. I had my whole face done in under 5 minutes. It is easy, silly and you look crazy in selfies which is great fun.
Howl-O-Scream opens September 10 and will run on select days through October 31. Get your tickets NOW!
Busch Gardens becomes a seriously scary place at 6 p.m. when the Howl-O-Scream haunts come out. Guests should consider the park’s elevated scare factor when deciding whether Howl-O-Scream is appropriate for young children after 6 pm. If your little ones do not like scary creatures coming at them with chainsaws, or creatures jumping out from the woods, then you might plan to end your visit at 5:45 pm. They will have a great time during the day and for older kids, teen and adults – Howl-O-Scream is a great time anytime!
The Count’s Spooktacular at Busch Gardens 2021
During the daytime Howl-O-Scream has lots of fun kid friendly activities including trick or treating, hay maze, character fun and more. Learn about Howl-O-Scream for younger kids here at The Count’s Spooktacular on Saturdays and Sundays Sept 25 – Oct 31.
For more information visit Busch Gardens. For the latest discounts on tickets visit our Busch Gardens Ticket Discount post HERE.
We hope this review helped you decide to enjoy Howl-O-Scream with your family this season. It is a scream-fest-of-a-good-time – it’s official..we love it!
Want to read more about Busch Gardens? Check out our other Unofficial Guides:
WilliamsburgFamilies.com is a member of the Thrill Chasers™ Blogger Ambassador team and is invited to attend new ride and show openings as well as review food and events at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.