affiliate links in this post and on this site
BUSCH GARDENS® HOWL-O-SCREAM®
Howl-O-Scream® is back for 2018 and it’s scarier than ever
Sunday Sept 16 and will run on select days through Oct. 28.
Summer thrills make way for frightening chills when Howl-O-Scream® returns to Busch Gardens® Williamsburg for their 20th anniversary this fall.O-S
In addition to the haunted houses and Terror-tories™ you’ve come to expect, Busch Gardens urges you to see what’s new including (3) new haunted houses Demented Dimensions™, The Vault: XX™, Dystopia, (2) brand new New Terror-tory™ Fools’ Court™, Garden of the Souls™ and a new escape room Jack’s Nightmare Room.
With four returning haunted house favorites and three all-new scary attractions for 2018, this festival of frights will surely keep you up at night.
Howl-O-Scream features seven haunted houses this year, and six Terror-tories that transform Busch Gardens’ quaint villages into dark and sinister places. Guests can quench their thirst by visiting a Howl-O-Scream-themed bar, such as Demon Drinks, or go shopping at Blood Haus and see a live performance like Monster Stomp™ on Ripper Row®.
Beware of a fresh new scare as Coaster Creepers climb aboard Busch Gardens’ world-class roller coasters. Unsuspecting guests may not know who is sitting near them until it’s too late. Also, guests may get a surprise from a roaming hoard prowling the park. The pathways are prime pickings for some unexpected terror.
Don’t miss the out on the two Escape Rooms, Jack’s Nightmare Room and Case of the Haunted Room! The clock is ticking and there’s only one way out. In this physical adventure game, you and five others are locked in a room and must use clues to solve puzzles before time runs out. This is a scary event, so beware; other things might be lurking in the way of your escape. There is an additional fee for the escape room.
Control Lab at Inoculation is your chance to take part in the scares. By the push of a button you can activate a scare and watch as your victim jumps out of their skin. 5 scares is $3 or 10 scares for $5.
Howl-O-Scream opens Sunday Sept 16 and will run on select days through Oct. 28. There will be more chances to feel the fear this year, as the park will stay open until midnight on Saturdays in October and two Thursdays, Oct. 18 and 25, to its schedule. Busch Gardens becomes a seriously scary place at 6 p.m. when the Howl-O-Scream haunts come out. Guests should consider the park’s elevated scare factor when deciding whether Howl-O-Scream is appropriate for young children after 6 pm.
Keep scrolling for a break down on what is new this year at Howl-O-Scream
- NEW Fools’ Court (New France): Guests will experience Jester characters in Fools’ Court scare zone, where chaos reigns supreme. When the Motley Fools hit the streets, the joke always will be on you.
- NEW Garden of the Souls™ (Italy): Welcome to Funeral Gardens, the setting for Garden of the Souls™. Here guests may visit the graves of the deceased, but this garden has a dark secret. The dead roam free, and they’d love to show park guests what waits in the afterlife.
- Axe Alley™ (New France): The Norsemen came to invade, but what they got was their own Viking funeral. For this was no ordinary raiding party, but an unleashing of power so grotesque that even those mighty Viking warriors fell prey to its devices. The remains of this horrible attack are strewn among the desolate ruins of smoldering timbers and axe-slashed oak. There’s more hidden among these terrifying artifacts in Axe Alley ™. The spirits are restless and under the control of this madness. They walk the world of the living once more to unleash terror upon the land.
- Sideshow Square™ (Festa Italia): Your jaw will drop on your way to the big top. What was once only in your imagination is now a frightening reality full of haunts, curiosities and plenty of scare to make you shriek. So step right up and brave Busch Gardens’ newest terror-tory if you dare.
- Ripper Row® (England): Things are looking a bit unsettling in England; a murderer is on the loose plucking unsuspecting victims from the city streets to satisfy his grizzly curiosity. No one knows what Jack the Ripper looks like or who he will strike next. Authorities hunt furiously among the crowds in search of the killer nabbing anyone who looks at all suspicious. Keep your head down and your wits about you or you might not make it out alive.
- Vampire Point™ (Germany): Even vampires need a vacation once in a while and Vampire Point™ is the perfect destination for bloodsuckers. Watch your step and your neck or you might end up the main course. Dawn is hours away, your last salvation lies in escaping the vampire village before the inhabitants sink their fangs into you.
- New Dystopia: In a futuristic post-apocalyptic world, a new world order has risen. In this new system, you have a choice – join or be forgotten. Surrender to the utopia. Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing – ever again.
- New Demented Dimensions™: Sterling Manor, a massive estate, is home to more than meets the eye and is sitting on unspeakable terror. The energies of a dimensional vortex have opened portals to dreadful realms where unearthly creatures reside and humans are at the bottom of the food chain. Each new portal takes guests deeper into the terror.
- New The Vault: XX™: Favorite creatures of the night from past Howl-O-Scream experiences are locked up in one location in The Vault: XX™. Classic characters such as Executioner from Dark Tower; Mummy from Curse of Pompeii; Pirate Captain Ghost from Sea Dog Cemetery; Little Dead Riding Hood from Deadtime Stories; and Werewolf from Hunted, just to name a few, are dying to frighten you again. Park-goers can look forward a walk down memory lane.
- NEW Frost Bite: The fire-breathing giant that once guarded the enchanted dark castle has met his chilling demise. He once stalked the premises, providing the warm lifeblood for the stronghold, but now his bones are mere decoration in a macabre icy grave. Frostbite now consumes all those trapped within. Those who dare to walk through this fortress are exposed to a harrowing array of chilling elements, from a fog-shrouded graveyard to a creepy cavern filled with frigid creatures. The cold is not the only bone-chilling resident of the castle, however. For the ice has teeth … And this frost … Bites.
- Circo Sinistro: No one knows when or where the tents will rise, but all who see them are drawn to find out what lies inside Circo Sinistro at Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Howl-O-Scream. The park’s new haunted house is not of this world and not of this time – but beware, what you see, you soon will be.
- Cornered: It’s 1977 and a picturesque farming community is in an uproar over the ongoing disappearances of its residents. Each time someone goes missing, an intricate corn husk doll is left behind leading many to suspect local corn-farmer Jasper McCobb. The McCobb farm has fallen into disrepair since the death of Jasper’s mother. Could the missing townspeople be somewhere in the maze of maize? Join the search party and find out.
- Lumberhack: Hikers beware: The woods hold a terrifying secret. More than 50 years ago a logging camp was abandoned after a horrific accident where saws ripped into human flesh instead of tree bark. Tragically, the loggers perished … only to inexplicably awaken from death sometime later filled with inhuman rage. The undead loggers rampaged until every living thing in the camp had felt the bite of their axes. Now the forgotten lumberjacks lie waiting for unsuspecting campers to stumble into their den of the damned.
The Count’s Spooktacular
During the daytime Howl-O-Scream has lots of fun kid friendly activities including trick or treating, hay maze, character fun and more. Learn about Howl-O-Scream for younger kids here at The Count’s Spooktacular on Saturdays and Sundays Oct 6 – 28. Visit BuschGardens for additional information.
For more information visit Busch Gardens. For the latest discounts on tickets visit our Busch Gardens Ticket Discount post HERE.
Affiliate links in this post. WilliamsburgFamilies.com is part of the blogger program at Busch Gardens and receives tickets to review ride and seasonal openings.