Top 6 Reasons to Visit Count’s Spooktacular with Little Children at Busch Garden’s Howl-O-Scream!
Saturdays and Sundays in October
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Need a safe trick or treating spot… or just another excuse for your kids to wear their cute costumes? Well here you go! Every weekend in October, children 9 and younger are encouraged to come dressed in their best Halloween costume to enjoy Halloween shows, and dancing and playing with their favorite Sesame Street® friends at The Count’s Spooktacular. Just remember no masks please. Spooktacular events are for kids ages 9 and under and are included in price of admission. Here are the top 6 reasons to visit the Count’s Spooktacular at Busch Gardens with your little ones:
1. Trick or Treating: Trick or Treating at Sesame Street Forest of Fun is on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 – 4 pm for kiddos aged 9 and under. There are different stops set up for kids to say, “trick or treat!” Special treats will be handed out! If your kids have allergies, here is the run down on the candy/snack handouts: Pirate’s Booty, Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, Smarties, a vegan/gluten free fruit roll up. No peanut snacks/candy are being passed out and they also have stickers for any children who might not be able to consume any of these snacks.
2. Shows: The kids will love the special Spooktacular Show where children are encouraged to dance and sing along to the Count’s Countdown to Halloween. This is an interactive show with singing and dancing. It is an outdoor show located in England. It is free with park admission.
3. Costume Party: Then, since the kids are all dressed up – why not join the character parade? Busch Gardens will host parades on Saturdays and Sundays at 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm at Elmo’s Castle in Sesame Street Forest of Fun and wander throughout the Forest. Children can join in the dance party with their favorite Sesame Street Characters or just watch from the sidelines…no pressure here!
4. Hay Maze: Your kids can wander through stacks of hay trying to find their way out. This is just good outdoor fun.
5. RIDES!!!: Kids can still ride Grover’s Alpine Adventure and all the other fun rides in the Seasame Street Forest plus Land of the Dragons is also open so make sure to walk over there too!
6. 50% off Kids Tickets: Kids single day tickets are 1/2 price! If you are not an Annual Member or do not already have a FAll Fun Card then this is the way to go! Half priced single day kids tickets – grab them: Half Priced Kids Tickets
So there you have it, kid-friendly rides, family activities and trick-or-treating will be offered around the park for the littlest guests to celebrate the fall season. Last but not least, if you have little ones or easily frightened older littles, the Halloween decorations will be set up during the day and can be a little frightening, but the scare squad, dim lighting and fog will not start until 5:45 p.m. So keep this in mind when walking through the decorated England to get to Forest of Fun after entering the park, and then to get to the Land of the Dragons…go through Scotland by Loch Ness and take the stairs down to the bridge over the lake – back up the stairs and you are right at Land of the dragons…see map above.
Please also note that all kids attractions close at 5:00 pm in preparation for Howl-O-Scream.
So if that is not enough info for you, sometimes a video is the easiest way to tell the story….
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I wear to Busch Gardens?
Appropriate attire consists of shirts, pants and shoes for all guests.
Can I wear a costume?
For the safety of our guests and performers, guests ages 10 and older are prohibited from wearing costumes in the park during Howl-O-Scream. Children 9 and younger are encouraged and allowed to wear costumes only during The Count’s Spooktacular event, Saturdays and Sundays in October. Masks are not allowed for anyone.
Can I wear a mask for Halloween?
For the safety of our guests and performers, masks are prohibited in the park, especially during events such as Howl-O-Scream.
Are there scares during the day?
There is Halloween decor throughout the park, but our scare actors do not come out until 6 p.m. Please be aware that some haunted houses open at 5:30 p.m.
When do the child play areas close?
During Howl-O-Scream, Land of the Dragons and Sesame Street Forest of Fun will close at 5 p.m. to allow families enough time to make their way toward the exit before the park transforms at 6 p.m.
Williamsburg Families is part of a blogger program with Busch Gardens. Tickets are given to review ride and season openings. There are affiliate links on this post and this site.