Williamsburg Regional Library to Reopen February 16
- Beginning on Tuesday, February 16, all Williamsburg Regional Library buildings will reopen.
- Library hours will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; library facilities will be closed on Sunday
- Health and safety guidelines that were in place prior to the closure will resume on reopening.
- Curbside pickup of materials and other remote library services will continue to be available.
- To prepare for the library buildings’ reopening, WRL will not offer curbside pickup, computer appointments, or phone service on Monday, February 15.
Williamsburg Regional Library is delighted to welcome users back into our buildings beginning on Tuesday, February 16. This brings an end to a temporary building closure that came about as the result of spiking COVID-19 infection numbers in the region. As was the case prior to the closure, WRL will be operating with occupancy limitations for the foreseeable future. There will also be a slight update to library hours, which are as follows: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; library facilities will be closed on Sunday. Shorter hours will allow the library to focus on enhanced sanitation efforts. Many of the other guidelines that were in place for the health and safety of users and staff prior to this temporary closure will remain in place upon reopening, including:
- Everyone ages 3 and up entering the Williamsburg Library or the James City County Library will be required to wear a face covering and agree to a health survey. Individuals who cannot medically tolerate wearing a mask or face covering are asked to call the library at 757.741.3300, option 2 before visiting so that reasonable accommodations for service can be made.
- Users are asked to not gather in groups with anyone outside of your household.
- Users are asked to keep library visits to one hour or less.
- To enable easier monitoring of occupancy limits at the Williamsburg Library, the Scotland St. and Theatre entrances will be closed and users are asked to use the main entrance on City Square.
- WRL staff will continue to follow enhanced sanitation procedures, with hand sanitizer being made available at library entrances and intensified cleaning of the library buildings. Staff will continue to quarantine returned items for 3-5 days.
- Play areas and meeting rooms will remain closed.
- All library programs will remain virtual at this time. A full schedule of programs can be found at www.wrl.org/events.
AARP Tax Aide, the popular free tax service that is offered in partnership between the AARP and Williamsburg Regional Library, will be resuming shortly, but details are still being finalized. Check www.wrl.org/taxes for the latest information on this program. For library users who are still choosing to stay home at this time, WRL is continuing to offer an array of remote services, including digital collections and continued curbside pickup service for physical materials. Find out more about how you can use the library from wherever you may be at www.wrl.org/comes-to-you. In preparation for the library buildings’ reopening, WRL will be closed for business on Monday, February 15. Staff will not be answering phones or chats that day, and no curbside pickup appointments or computer appointments will be available. Library leadership is closely monitoring pandemic conditions in our community and will continue to adjust the library buildings’ status, hours, and procedures as needed based on input from local officials and health authorities. For the most up to date information about reopening, please visit www.wrl.org/pandemic-updates.