The 7th Annual W&M Youth Filmmaking Institute presents middle and high school students an opportunity to learn about the filmmaking process and get hands-on experience at the College of William & Mary on October 27 & 28, 2018. The WMYFI program includes two days of presentations and workshops led by William & Mary staff and undergraduate students culminating in a free, public screening of all student group film projects. More information is available on the YFI website.
Program registration includes:
- Two days of educational filmmaking presentations and hands-on workshops in the development of a group video project
- Access to all filmmaking equipment and a W&M group mentor,
- Lunch and healthy snacks for both program days,
- Screening of the completed student video project, and
- A certificate of completion for the 2018 program.
Needs-based scholarships are available. All applications should be submitted by 11:00 PM on October 19, 2018. All applicants will be notified of lottery results via email on October 22. The application for the needs-based scholarship is available here.
All workshops and presentations will take place in the Reeder Media Center, on the ground floor of the Earl Greg Swem Library at the College of William & Mary.