ERASE THE NEED CENTER is an outreach center for students of economically disadvantaged families that provides school supplies, food, personal hygiene items, children’s books, clothing, and assistance to homeless students. The Center is a partnership between WJCC and the Williamsburg Sentara Regional Medical Center along with a collaborative contract agreement with the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula. Volunteers from around the region support the work of the Center. The Center is located at 701 Sentara Circle in Williamsburg.
What can you do to help?
- Volunteer! – The Erase the Need Center is always in need of community volunteers willing to give of their time to assist families in need.
- Donate Food – Non-perishable food donations are always welcome.
- Donate School Supplies – Even in this increasingly high-tech age, our students still need the basics: binders, pencils, erasers, notebook paper, crayons, glue.
- Donate Books – New or gently-used books will delight children whose families can’t afford to buy them.
- Donate Personal Hygiene Items – Toiletries such as toothpaste, soap, deodorants