We meet every Monday and Wednesday morning, from 10am-11:30 in room 101 of our Medical office Building (500 Sentara Circle, on our hospital campus). Our private classroom is across the hall from Williamsburg Obstetrics.
There is never a fee to attend our support group.
Our breastfeeding support group is for all mothers living in our community with breastfeeding babies to:
· Share and discuss positive coping strategies for common breastfeeding concerns
· Help gain confidence in decisions and choices while breastfeeding
· Build a support community and connect with other women
· Explore various topics on breastfeeding
· Have professional support via a certified lactation consultant or experienced registered nurse
· Infant scale is available to monitor your baby’s weight
· Lactation consultations available by appointment for more complicated concerns
Please call our Breastfeeding Warm Line at 757-984-7299 or the Family Maternity Center at 757-984-7255 for more information.