KIDS’ Night (Respite Care) – One Child Center for Autism
Give your kids a night to unwind and have fun with other children away from the demands of school, therapy, and daily routines!
Kids’ Night is provided by One Child Center for Autism and Child Development Resources and is held at the Williamsburg Indoor Sports Complex (WISC). Staffed by One Child’s special education professionals and volunteers, Kids’ Night is designed to give parents and caregivers of children with special needs a few hours of qualified childcare while providing a fun environment for the children. Please direct all questions about KIDS’ Night to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration will open two weeks prior to the event and close one week before the event.
- 2018 Dates:
- Williamsburg Indoor Sports Complex (WISC) – 5700 Warhill Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Cost: FREE! for the Special Needs Child ($5 per sibling)
Who can take advantage of KIDS’ Night?:
- Any family with a special needs child between the age of 1-16 years old and their siblings ages 4-13 years of age. Special needs children do not need to be potty trained; however parents must provide necessary items (diapers, wipes, etc.) for One Child staff to meet the needs of your child. Siblings must be potty trained.
How is KIDS’ Night structured?
~ 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Drop-off in party rooms.
~ 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm: Dinner
- Parents may send in their own dinner or pre-order pizza from the WISC Cafe (this will be done at the time of registration).
- If your child has already eaten, there will be games, books, and crafts to keep them entertained during this time.
~ 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm: WISC Play
- Participants will move between various WISC activities to include the Turf, Playground, and Gym. Accommodations can be made for children with gross motor delays or other physical impairments with prior notice.
~ 8:30 pm – 9:15 pm: Cool Down/Pick up
- Participants will return to the party rooms and will be able to play games, crafts, and/or watch a movie while waiting for parents.
Additional information onechildcenterforautism.org/kidsnight
Please direct questions about KIDS’ Night to email@example.com.
For more information about the facility, please visit Williamsburg Indoor Sports Complex.
KIDS’ Night (Respite Care) – One Child Center Autism