Holiday Season Parking: First Four Hours Free to Park in Prince George Parking Garage
The City of Williamsburg is adjusting the parking rates for the Prince George Parking Garage, 230 N. Henry St., for the holiday season. Parking in the Prince George Parking Garage will be free for the first four hours from Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023, through New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, 2024. After four hours, the rate is $1/hr. The garage has 362 parking spaces, as well as two charging locations for electric vehicles. There are two Universal Charging Stations on the first level and two Tesla Charging Stations on the second level. Overnight parking is not permitted.
Where to park in Williamsburg Virginia? Where to Park in Colonial Williamsburg? How much is parking and is there any free parking in Williamsburg?
There are a few free parking lots in Colonial Williamsburg and the City of Williamsburg but most are not paid lots and there are steep parking fines (see bottom of this post) so make sure if you are parking in a paid lot that you either use the prepaid Passport Parking app on your phone or use the Pay Station (this option is only if you are in the Prince George Parking Garage – but you can also use the app there in the Prince George Parking Garage as well).
Free Parking in Williamsburg Downtown & Free Parking in Colonial Williamsburg
1. City Square Parking Terrace- located at 401 N. Boundary St., (125 spaces of short-term 2 hour free parking) located across the street from the Stryker Center and Williamsburg Library.
2. Parking lot by the Williamsburg Library & Stryker Building – 2 hour FREE parking (see map above). Enter off N. Boundary St. or Armistead Ave.
3. Visitor Center Parking Lot at Colonial Williamsburg – Ticketed guests are encouraged to park at the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and take advantage of the complimentary shuttle buses to the Historic Area. visit here to see parking options for visitors.
5. Sections of N. Boundary Street, Armistead Ave, Scotland St, Prince George Street – 1 Hour Free Parking (make sure to move your car before the hour is up – they use cameras and they do ticket on these streets – see ticket fees below). Parking is marked by signage.
6. Parking Lot off of Boundary Street & Francis Street where Mellow Mushroom and Beret’s Seaford is located. That is a 1 hour free lot. (make sure to move your car after 1 hour – they do ticket – see ticket fees below)
7. Parking Lot off of Boundary Street & Prince George Street (Behind Baskin Robbins and Blue Talon Bistro Restaurant) Free One Hour Parking. (make sure to move your car after 1 hour – they do ticket – see ticket fees below)
Paid vs Free lots change so make sure where ever you park in Williamsburg you check the signs in the parking lot and if it says paid, definitely pay when you park because the fines are far higher than the app prices. Ticketed guests are encouraged to park at the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and take advantage of the complimentary bus service to the Historic Area. Free parking is available at the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg, indicated in green on the map above. Paid parking lots, indicated in peach on the map above, require use of the free Passport app but also offer free 30-minute parking in most cases (a Passport app $0.35 convenience fee may apply).
Paid Parking in the City of Williamsburg VA & Colonial Williamsburg:
- Prince George Parking Garage – The Prince George Parking Garage, located at 230 N. Henry St., has 362 parking spaces, as well as two charging locations for electric vehicles. There are two Universal Charging Stations on the first level and two Tesla Charging Stations on the second level. First 30 minutes free, $1 an hour afterward (maximum $12 a day). The payment system is fully automated, using license plate reader technology. There are several ways to pay for parking – all are automated. See how to pay for Park
- Use the App Download the iOS or Android Passport Parking app, this app works for the other lots in the downtown area including the paid lots around Colonial Williamsburg.
- Online Account – If you use the Prince George garage regularly – go to the Park Williamsburg portal and set up an account.
- Pay by Website – go to Passport Parking and pay through the website.
- Pay Station in the Garage near the pedestrian entrance on Prince George Street. How to Use the Pay Station. After you park your car, take a photo of your license plate. Visit the Pay Station on the first floor. You will be prompted to:
- Enter your license plate number (can’t remember it? You just took a picture of it!)
- Enter the state of your license plate (Virginia, New York, etc.)
- Enter your estimated parking time (how long you plan to use the garage)
- Swipe your credit/debit card
- Check whether you want a text or email receipt and the transaction is completed
- View printable pay station instructions (PDF). Learn more about how to pay,
Need to charge your electric vehicle in the City of Williamsburg or Colonial Williamsburg?
If you got a parking ticket in Williamsburg, here is where you can pay it online, you can email them at Email Finance or you call them at 757-220-6180 Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm. Questions or disputes over parking tickets or any other parking-related issues please call the Police Department at 757-220-6254.
Here are the parking ticket fines for City of Williamsburg Virginia:
|Number of Violations
|Fine After 14 Days
Additional fees will incur if payment is not received within 14 days of the issuance of the ticket