UPDATE: 10/13/23 – The good news is the Fall Festival is still on even though the weather isn’t look stellar tomorrow. All of our other activities are still a-go except for hayride and hay maze. Locations of some activities may change. Check Yorktown Market Days Facebook tomorrow to find out where family-friendly activities will take place.
Yorktown Market Days – Fall Festival
Saturday, October 14
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It’s become a community tradition to help kick off a season of cooler weather, changing leaves, and outdoor fun for the whole family.
During this extended market, shop more than 50 vendors and artists and stock up on farm-to-table products; local honey, jams, jellies, and sauces; gourmet dog treats; homemade candles; fresh pies and desserts; and so much more. You’ll find seasonal favorites like pumpkins, mums, painted gourds, kettle corn, and caramel apples.
Enjoy free activities for kids of all ages, including the annual hay maze, hay rides, pumpkin painting craft, face painting, a petting zoo featuring miniature animals, and fun photo opportunities.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Carrot Tree Kitchen will be selling its famous caramel apples and apple cider in front of its restaurant.
- Fall-themed photo cutouts on the grassy area in front of Water Street Grille
- Guess the Weight of the Giant Pumpkin challenge by the Visit Yorktown information booth
- Hay maze on the grassy area in front of Water Street Grille
- Hayrides (pick up in middle of the market off Water Street)
- Market vendors and food trucks at Riverwalk Landing
- Petting zoo on the grassy area in front of Water Street Grille
- Pumpkin painting on the grassy area in front of Water Street Grille
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- DJ Ben Herrick will play music on the Riverwalk Landing Stage.
- Balloon artist behind the Freight Shed
- Face painting behind the Freight Shed
The “Guess the Weight of the Giant Pumpkin” challenge is always fun. The first to guess, or get the closest without going over, will receive a basket filled with market favorites.
Free parking for special events is available in several lots throughout Historic Yorktown, including the two-level garage on Water Street. The free Yorktown trolley runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Yorktown Market Days is always rain or shine. When it rains, the vendors and artists move into the lower level of the parking terrace. The extra activities, however, may be canceled due to inclement weather, and will not be rescheduled. Visitors are encouraged to follow Visit Yorktown’s social media accounts for all event-related changes and announcements.
In the event of inclement weather, please call the Yorktown events weather hotline at (757) 890-3520 for updates. For more information on Yorktown Fall Festival, and other events in Yorktown, call (757) 890-3500 or visit www.visityorktown.org.
Visit our Yorktown Events page to see more events in Yorktown.
Looking for things to do in Williamsburg VA everyday? Visit our Williamsburg Daily Calendar.