Busch Gardens Williamsburg is working away on its new family friendly wooden roller coaster InvadR™! We were fortunate enough to get a behind the scenes tour of InvadR™ and it is going to be an exciting ride! So here are some fun things we learned:
- The roller coaster was designed just for Busch Gardens based on the topography; threading through the Log Flume and over the train tracks.
- This is a steel structure roller coaster which helps cut down on seasonal maintenance and makes for a sturdier ride but the tracks are 8 ply wood so you still get the wood coaster feel.
- The first drop is 74 feet and takes you down into a tunnel then back up onto a bank
- Speeds reach nearly 50 mph but due to the close proximity of other attractions along with the tight and quick turns you feel as though your going much faster.
- 46″ height requirement makes this a family ride
- There are 9 airtime hills
Here is a video from the media day where Adam House, Senior Engineer for Great Coasters International explains why this coaster will feel faster than it actually is…
I am so excited to ride InvadR with my kids and…perhaps it will bring back the no fear thrill I experienced as a child riding wooden roller coasters!
Ready for a video of what it will be like to ride this coaster? Watch this one:
Looking for the best offers? Visit our Busch Gardens Discount Offers page
If you have not been to Busch Garden’s Williamsburg before please check our Unofficial Guide to Busch Garden’s Williamsburg. It will give you the insider’s scoop on where to eat, snacks you can bring in the park and helpful tips.
Check out all the Busch Gardens discounts here!