Homeschool Experiences at Colonial Williamsburg!
Colonial Williamsburg invites homeschoolers and their families to experience revolutionary educational opportunities. Discover history brought to life and meet the people who contributed to the founding of America.
Colonial Williamsburg Homeschool Days
- September 5 – 20, 2020
- February 20-28, 2021
- September 4- 19, 2021
During these special times, homeschoolers and their families can discover history brought to life at a special discounted rate. Join us to visit the historic sites where Revolutionary ideas were shaped, meet the tradespeople whose craftsmanship supported the War for Independence, and so much more. Use our virtual tours, educational videos, activity sheets, and behind-the-scenes blogs to supplement your visit.
Colonial Williamsburg also offers exclusive pricing year round for homeschool groups of all sizes in addition to a wide variety of books, DVDs, and teaching resources. Look for more information on group tours here, or for Customized Guided Tours, homeschool planning, or to make reservations.
FAQ for Homeschool Days at Colonial Williamsburg
Homeschool Days Frequently Asked Questions 2020 Fall Homeschool Days
- What form of ID is needed to validate my Home Educator status? Please
- provide one of the following IDs: Homeschool ID card, Homeschool Teacher IDcard, or Homeschool letter from your district, if applicable.
- I purchased tickets online, but it says I need to exchange the vouchers for tickets. Correct. On the day of your visit, please bring your vouchers to the Group Arrivals Building (see Map below) between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (107 Visitor Center Dr. Williamsburg, VA 23185, located next to the Visitor Center) to exchange for your tickets. Please note: Due to the special discount, the Group Arrivals Building is
the only location where Homeschool vouchers can be exchanged for tickets. -OR you can redeem your tickets digitally. Either create an account when you place your order or create an account when you arrive using the email address you used when placing your order. For complete instructions, click here.
• Where do I park? Free parking is available in the Visitor Center parking lot. Once you get your physical or digitals tickets at the Group Arrivals Building, you may take the free shuttle bus to the Historic Area.
• How do I get to the Historic Area? Once you park and get your tickets at the Group Arrivals Building, you may take the free shuttle bus to the Historic Area. Shuttle buses are located on the lower level of the Visitor Center and run from 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and pick up approximately every 15 minutes. The ride to the Historic Area is approximately 5 minutes. Shuttles buses are wheelchair and
• Where do we check-in? We encourage that you redeem your tickets digitally and create your account online. However, should you need to redeem your reservation physically, we are located at the Group Arrivals Building, 107 Visitor’s Center Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23185, located next to the Visitor Center.
• Can we get the Homeschool Event rate as a walk-in? No. To receive the Homeschooler discount, tickets must be purchased online in advance.
• Can we bring grandparents? Yes, we are happy to extend the Homeschool discount to your family attending with the group.
• Do the tickets include admissions to the buildings? Yes. The ticket provides admission to the exhibition buildings, colonial trade shops and colonial homes. Also includes admission to the Governor’s Palace and museums (Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum, Dewitt Wallace Museum and Bassett Hall).
• What are the hours for the buildings in the Historic Area? 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily and museum hours 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily.
• With the multi-day ticket, do I have to use the days consecutively? Yes. The Homeschool multi-day ticket is valid for two consecutive days.
• Can we buy a ticket for more than (2) days? You may purchase single-day or multiday tickets for additional days.
• Are the tickets valid at Jamestown? No. Tickets are only valid for admission to Colonial Williamsburg. However, Jamestown is offering a Homeschool Event during this same time. Visit here.
• What is the cancellation policy? All sales are final.
• Can we pre-book a lunch in a tavern? The taverns do not accept reservations during lunch and accepts guests on a walk-in basis. For dinner, reservations can be made via OpenTable.
• Is there somewhere to have a picnic lunch? Yes. There are picnic tables located on the grounds of the Group Arrivals Building.
Do you offer discounts on your hotel? Yes. Special Homeschool rate are available at The Williamsburg Woodlands, Colonial Houses and Griffin Hotel. Available for online sales only from September 5-20, 2020. To make reservations, click here.
To download a map for group arrivals, scroll to the next page. For a Map & Guide to plan
your visit, click here.
SPECIAL ADMISSION RATES FOR HOMESCHOOLERS!
Take advantage of these special rates for Single-day and Multiday tickets. They are available only to homeschoolers during our special homeschooler days.
Buy your tickets online during Homeschool Weeks; there are no on-site sales. All sales are final.
For more information about Homeschool Days VISIT HERE
More events at Colonial Williamsburg!