Snow Days are the BEST but once the excitement wears off and Frosty is standing in the front yard the days tend to get long. Never fear here is our list of ‘Snow Much Fun’ in the ‘Burg to keep your kids (and you) from climbing the walls.
- Sledding Guide! – Find the “hot” spots in and around the ‘Burg in this list!
- The Library Here is this week’s library event list.
- Snow Ninja Camp – Need to get back to work? Or do the kids just need to be Ninjas? Sign them up quick for Baeplex’s snow day camp – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Snow Day Care – Snow Day Care at R. F. Wilkinson Family YMCA is from 6am-6pm. The cost is $19 for members and $26 for non-members. We keep the kids active and engaged with lots of gym games, activities, indoor swimming, etc. Kids will need to bring a lunch, two healthy snacks (no nut products please) and a water bottle. They ask that they bring proper outdoor attire, as we will also try to get some outside play in. For kids ages 5-15 and parents can contact Brooke Wilkerson at Brooke.Wilkerson@peninsulaymca.org to sign up or you can sign up at drop off – just please allow a little extra time to fill out the required registration materials.
- Menchie’s BUY ONE GET ONE FREE – Who doesn’t love ice cream and through January 15th it’s Buy One Get One FREE with this coupon.
- Virginia Living Museum – Kids can play, learn and dream in the permanent indoor exhibit, WILD & WELL. Check out the permanent outdoor Dinosaur Discovery Trail. Check out the shows in the Planetarium too.
- Pinterest – Check our Pinterest Board for “Snow Much Fun” crafts and activities all centered around the snow.
- Yankee Candle has it all – even snow every four minutes in the Christmas Room – case you haven’t had enough! But go in and warm up with a cup of hot chocolate or Hershey’s Ice Cream and get some amazing deals. Check their FB page for latest offers and events.
- Jamestown Yorktown Settlement – Remember local residence get in free.
- WISC Fun Zone – Laser Tag, Clip N Climb, Indoor Playground and redemption games are all open.
- Bounce House – One of the largest indoor inflatable playgrounds with 30,000 sq. ft. of safe, clean, heated fun! With FREE WiFi and a full concession stand with indoor picnic area so you can take a break while the kids burn off some energy.
- Historic Jamestowne – this place always has something new – hands on activities for kids and active archaeological digs
- Ice Skating at Liberty’s Ice Pavilion in Colonial Williamsburg
- Movie Tavern & Regal Movies in New Town – perfect chance to catch the latest block buster ….etc!
AMF Bowling is always a fun way to spend a chilly day…inside..warm and BOWLING!
- Museums on Us – if you are a Bank of America customer your card will get you a free ticket to the Children’s Museum of Richmond or Children’s Museum of Virginia for free. First full weekend (Sat and Sun) of the month. Learn more about this program here.