The James City County Marina Reopens with Improvements and a new paddle craft launch area!
Just in time for warm weather, many Stage 1 improvements at the James City County Marina located at 2054 Jamestown Road are now complete. Where is the Marina…well, some might know it’s location as Billsburg Brewery…and they would be correct the two are in the same area and make it a great place to spend the day/evening. Here is what is new and what is still to come at the Marina.
New paddle craft launch area
Paddle craft customers (canoe, kayak, SUP’s) may launch at the Marina at no cost provided they launch from the new paddle craft launch area. Launching from the boat ramp requires a nominal fee.
- Paddle craft are available for rent from the Marina Store from 8 a.m.-noon daily.
- After noon, rentals are available at Chickahominy Riverfront Park, 1350 John Tyler Highway, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. daily.
- For more information about paddle rentals, please call 757-258-5020 or visit the park’s website at rental fees.
The Marina boat ramp is open 24 hours/day and customers will use the honor system to pay for boat ramp use after noon.
The old dock has been replaced with a new floating ADA-accessible dock system equipped with power and water hookups. Current uncovered slip holders can bring their boats back to the Marina.
Other Stage 1 improvements include:
– Dredging of the basin to enhance boat navigation.
– Installing a rock revetment to stabilize the shoreline.
– Pedestrian sidewalk and parking lot improvements.
Work continues on the refueling station and the pump-out system. Marine fuel is available at Surry Seafood Company Marina in Surry, VA. For more information about refueling, call 757-294-3700.
Want to see all the parks, trails and playgrounds in the area? See our post on The Best Parks & Playgrounds in the Williamsburg Area