It’s smart to get ready for hurricane, flash flooding season, school supplies and it’s smart to save money.
When is it?
August 5-7, 2022. The 3-day sales tax holiday starts the first Friday in August at 12:01 am and ends the following Sunday at 11:59 pm.
What is it?
During the sales tax holiday, you can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax.
What items are eligible?
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Scroll Down for the full list of School Supplies and Clothing that qualify for Tax Free
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
Detailed lists of qualifying items and more information for retailers can be found in the Sales Tax Holiday Guidelines.
See below for School Supply List for Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools.