WATERMEN’S MUSEUM GRAND RE-OPENING
April 1st 2022 from 10 AM to 5 PM
309 Water Street Yorktown Virginia
COME JOIN THEM FOR THEIR GRAND RE-OPENING.
Watermen’s Museum is happy to announce that they are re-opening for the 2022 Season. Join them for a fun-filled day starting off with Green Mountain Café Coffee and Dunkin Doughnuts. Visit their re-stocked Gift Shop with over 4,000 Items. Tour their new exhibits. Outdoor exhibits in Windmill Lot
Maritime Trades and Energy Exhibits Sponsored by a Grant from Dominion Energy
- Rope making and Chandlery Shop
- Wood working and Boat Building Shop
- Comparative Energy (solar Wind and Water)
- Sail making and Leather Shop
Indoors (Gallery 4) – Sea Level Rise in our own back Yard
Outdoors (Behind Museum) Oysters and Aquaculture (A joint Project with Watermen’s Museum and Tidewater Oyster Gardeners (TOGA))
Also see New Exhibit Signage for Gunboat Henry and the Yorktown Tobacco Press and 4 York River Lighthouse signs. (A Joint project with the National Lighthouse Society, Watermen’s Museum, and York County)
- Bay to Belly exhibit highlighting the People and the Food-ways of the Chesapeake Bay will be on Display at Mathews Historic Society from April 1 through May.
- Watermen’s model of the Bugeye Workboat Margaret Travers will be on display at Traditions Brewery in Newport News.
Tickets: Members/Active Duty Military/First Responders/Under 6 Free;
Adults $5; Seniors/Students $4; 10+ $3
309 Water Street, Yorktown, VA 23690
See other Yorktown Events!