Affiliate links are on this post and this website
Which is the best Busch Gardens ticket to buy an Annual Membership, a Fun Card or Single Day ticket?
Annual memberships allow you to check out the Busch Gardens all year including Howl-O-Scream, Christmas Town and enjoy Water Country USA, with other great perks! There is a plan for everyone and they start at just $12.25 per month. But how do you know which one to pick? The key, is that not everyone may need the same level. For instance, kids who cannot drive don’t usually need Unlimited level (unless the block out dates on the Basic Memberships interrupt your plans). Definitely look at the block out dates though as they include most Saturdays and many Sundays during Howl O Scream and Christmas Town.
Maybe the kids in your family just need a 2 Park Fun Card? That will get them unlimited access during the Spring and Summer. Then if the adults in the family have Memberships they can use their FREE PASSES that they get a couple of times a year to get the kids into Howl-O-Scream or Christmas Town. Members also get ticket discounts on single day tickets and then there are often Groupons for single day tickets.
Now let’s talk about parking…because it isn’t free at either Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Water Country USA. It will definitely save you money to get at least one family member to purchase the Unlimited so that you have parking. Parking is expensive, especially if you go frequently. 2022 Busch Gardens Williamsburg Basic Membership only comes with a parking discount pass. Basic Membership might work for kids over 5. Kids under 5 years old can get the FREE 2 Park Preschool Pass which gives free unlimited entry to both Busch Gardens and Water Country during the Spring and Summer – you have until May 31st to get this online and redeem it in the park – and you do not have to be a Virginia resident to get this pass. Only thing to think about with the Basic Membership (other than parking) is that it does have block out dates so you want to check those.
So Unlimited is the best solution for parking and perks like extra tickets and in park discounts on food and shopping…however, the Premier Membership is a great option if you are a frequent visitor as it gives lots of perks like preferred parking, bigger in park discounts and more free tickets. And the Platinum Membership is amazing because along with tons of perks you get in Premier, it gives you membership to Seaworld’s 11 parks. That comes in really handy if you know your upcoming year includes trips to Seaworld. If you are planning on visiting other parks then the Platinum Membership really makes sense.
Now if you have a teen who goes frequently and you just want to do the Fun Cards – keep an eye out for the Fun Card sales – we usually post them. Also they do have a drop off for parents so you don’t always have to park to take your teen into the parks. But if your teen drives and is the one always going you might consider them having the Unlimited pass as that would get the whole family parking and then the less frequent park attendees could get Fun Cards, Single Day tickets or even use the 2 free Guest Passes that the Unlimited Member receives each year.
What is the best Busch Gardens ticket to buy?
- Parking: Who goes the most – that person(s) should have the membership that comes with parking. The Basic Membership give a parking discount. All membership levels starting at Unlimited give free parking.
- 2 Park Preschool Pass: If you have a child 5 years or younger register them for FREE 2 Park Preschool pass – deadline is May 31 to register and your first visit to the park. There is NO Virginia residency requirement.
- Block Out Dates: Are block out days a deal killer for you? If so, Unlimited is lowest level the membership for you.
- Holiday Season: Do you want Christmas Town & Howl O Scream tickets? Remember Basic Membership Level includes both events but there are block out dates. Each Unlimited and higher Membership comes with 2 free passes that your family can use on Christmas Town & Howl O Scream and no block out dates. Plus they give you free parking and discounts on purchases single day tickets for family and friends
- Membership Perks: Do you like attending Annual Members Only days? These are fun because usually the crowds are less and it is right when that season opens so you get to go first and see all the “sparkle”! But this is for Annual Members, so if some of your family hold Fun Cards they cannot go. It is really a Member perk! *Members got to ride Pantheon before it opens to the public.
- Discounts: Do you eat and shop at the park – if so, purchase your meals before you go to save $ but also Memberships give you discounts on food and shopping that can save you the difference between Membership levels depending on how often you eat at the park and what you purchase.
- Fun Cards – These are great for kids who really only go in the Spring and Summer. If you have Unlimited Memberships and higher, you will usually get free passes during the fall that you can use for kids after their Fun Cards expire (usually around the start of school) to get them into Howl-O-Scream or Christmas Town.
Those are some good starter questions to ask yourself. And remember you can get a membership one year and switch to a fun card the next and switch back. Yes, prices do go up but if you grab your Annual Memberships during a sale time it makes it practically a no brainer!
When are the best times to buy Fun Cards, Memberships or Single Day tickets? Usually around times like Black Friday, New Years Day and then often they offer them at the start of new seasons like in March and again around Aug/Sept for Howl-O-Scream. But check our Busch Garden’s Discounts page as we have discounts from the park as well as GROUPONS that offer great single and multi-day tickets.
Visit here for Fun Cards and here for Groupons!
For more offers and discounts like Groupons for Busch Gardens & Water Country or their FREE 2 Park Pass and Military Discounts visit our Busch Gardens Ticket Discount Page.
This website and post have affiliate links.