York County Trick-or-Treat Hours Safety
Oct. 31st from 6 pm to 8 pm
Recommended Trick-or-treat hours in York County are Sunday, October 31 from 6 until 8 pm for children 12 and under. Parents – please accompany your children, carry flashlights/glow sticks, and only visit homes with front lights on.
Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips
· All costumes, wigs, and accessories should be fire-resistant
· If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags or give them glow sticks
· Consider wearing bright and/or light-colored costumes, which are easier to see at night.
· Opt for non-toxic Halloween makeup over masks, which can obscure vision
· Have an adult accompany younger children
· Residents are asked to turn on porch lights to identify homes that wish to receive trick-or-treaters. Please avoid houses where porch lights are off.
· Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car
· Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home, and take care to avoid any food allergies
· Remind children to be careful, watch for traffic, and to use flashlights.
· Motorists should watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs, and enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully.
Looking for more Halloween events? Visit our Halloween events in the Williamsburg area page! Got an event for the community you want listed? Email Olivia@williamsbugfamilies.com or submit your event to our Calendar here.