Registration for the 75th Annual Antiques Forum closes on February 5, 2023!
Dress Like It’s 1949! for the forum closing dinner – or even the whole event! This year’s program will honor the past, embrace the present, and look forward to the future.
*In-Person attendees must register by February 1 to be listed in the printed Final Program
***Museum Professional & Student Rates are available-please visit the Conference Website for details and registration.
Colonial Williamsburg’s 75th Annual Antiques Forum: Past, Present & Future is taking place February 24-28, 2023!
The November 1948 issue of The Magazine Antiques heralded a new program jointly sponsored by that esteemed publication and The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation: the first Antiques and Decorations Forum to be held January 1949:It will be a unique event in the antiques world, designed to provide the personal contact and exchange of ideas and experience which can be of such inestimable value to collectors.
Through new scholarship surrounding the Foundation’s exhibition buildings and collections, hand-on workshops, and visits to public and private collections, the budding Colonial Williamsburg Antiques Forum charted new territory. Seventy-five Forums later we celebrate the longevity, vitality and evolution of the program. Like Antiques editor Alice Winchester did so many years ago, we truly want “to share with you in the study, the fellowship and the fun!” And to truly embrace the fun, we encourage you to dig into your closet and Dress Like It’s 1949!
Featured Presentations Include:
This year’s program will honor the Past, embrace the Present, and look forward to the Future.
- Opening Keynote: The Magic of St. Giles: Nicholas Ashley-Cooper, 12th Earl of Shaftesbury
- Closing Keynote: From Strawberry Hill to Carbon 14 and XRF: Two Centuries of British Furniture Scholarship: Adam Bowett, Independent Furniture Historian
- Fighting for Freedom: Black Craftspeople & the Pursuit of Independence: Tiffany Momon & Torren Gatson, Co-Directors of the Black Craftspeople Digital Archive & William Strollo, DAR Museum
- Colonial Williamsburg Turned Inside Out: Cary Carson, retired Director of Research, Colonial Williamsburg
- Young Antiquarians Panel: Inspiring the Next Generation of Collectors & Connoiseurs, with Jeffrey Ricketts, East Nottingham Antiques & Michael Diaz Griffith, Design Leadership Network
- Updates on incredible research throughout our Collections & Historic Area with Colonial Williamsburg staff
And so much more! Head to the Agenda Page for the full lineup of fantastic scholarship that awaits you as we celebrate 75 years of Antiques Forum!
Updates on incredible research throughout our Collections & Historic Area with Colonial Williamsburg staff And so much more!
Head to the Conference Website to view the full agenda, fees, FAQs and register!
In-person registrants are invited to take advantage of special breakout sessions included with registration on Sunday and Monday, as well as optional pre-and post-conference activities, and all registrants will have access to the main lectures as well as special archived presentations via the streaming platform through April 1, 2023.