William & Mary Juneteenth Commemoration on June 17th, 2022 Events Open to the Public Starting at 3 pm
William & Mary Juneteenth Commemoration – William & Mary is joining communities around the country to recognize and celebrate Juneteenth, which marks the end of slavery in the United States. William & Mary will celebrate Juneteenth in person for the first time at the site of Hearth: Memorial to the Enslaved from 3 to 7 p.m. on June 17, 2022. The event is expected to include performers, vendors, and more. Additional activities and vendors will be available throughout the evening.
- 3:00 p.m. — Opening Ceremony
- 3:25 p.m. — Musical Selection
- 4:00 p.m. — Free Spirited Dance Ministry
- 4:15 p.m. — Rahsaan Cruse, Jr., Woodside HS Jazz Vocalist
- 4:30 p.m. — Matthew Willard, Saxophone
- 4:45 p.m. — Bettina Ross, Oratory
- 5:00 p.m. — W&M Student Jason Dean Robinson, Poetry
- 5:15 p.m. — Charles Bell, Tenor Vocalist
- 5:30 p.m. — Juanita Graham, Poetry
- 5:45 p.m. — W&M Student Shawna Alston, Poetry
- 6:00 p.m. — Drum Circle, Adam Canaday & Friends
Additional activities and vendors will be available throughout the evening. Visit WM Juneteenth page for more information. Visit Juneteenth 2022 events page on Williamsburg Families for Williamsburg and surrounding town’s events for Juneteenth.